Talent and Leadership Development
Shine is the umbrella term for the talent and leadership development strategy at NHSBT. It encompasses all the ways NHSBT is supporting their staff to shine as tomorrow's leaders. The central elements of Shine are four key programmes:
- Executive Leaders
- Senior Leaders
- Emerging Leaders (Middle Leaders)
- Front Line Leaders
Each of these programmes is for the group identified in the title. They will support the individual in becoming leaders based on the competencies identified in NHSBT Leadership Qualities Framework.
In order to assist NHSBT staff become better leaders, a Shine Toolkit has been created to help acquire new knowledge and skills and gather information from different sources to help busy managers and staff in their own development and that of their staff. In this waywe can ensure Continuing Professional Development is a priority for all our staff.
The Principles of our Shine Talent and Leadership Development Strategy are:
- Led by the top, commitment demonstrated by the Chief Executive and Executive Directors.
- Open, transparent and fair.
- Underpinned by the idea of performance improvement for all.
- Staff committed to developing their own talent and supporting the development of others.
- Minimum of five days per annum development for all managers.
- Recognition that the majority of learning is experiential and work-based.
- Diversity best practice principles running as a golden thread through the system.